Mar 13, 2020
At Qualidigm, the health and well-being of our employees, their families, and our clients is always our highest priority. We have been closely monitoring the evolution of the Coronavirus pandemic, and as healthcare professonials, we have an obligation to act responsibly – based on supported facts. As a result, we have implemented a company-wide policy based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to reduce the risk to our employees, their families, and our clients. The policy will go in effect Monday, March 16, 2020 and outlines the following:
- All airline travel is suspended until further notice.
- Use teleconference options first, if available; otherwise,
- Travel to meetings via car not public transportation
- All meetings with groups over 50 should not to be attended in person.
- The first preference for all meetings is remote.
- Take face-to-face meetings only if you believe the threat for COVID-19 exposure is low.
- Never attend any meetings if you are not feeling well.
- Self-quarantine for 14 days upon presentation of symptoms, or if;
- You come in contact who has been confirmed to have the virus
- Work-from-home is preferred until May 4.
- For employees who are traveling outside of the U.S. or have contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, mandatory 14-day work-from-home policy unless symptomatic, then 14 days from the onset of the symptoms.
- Work-related travel to physician offices or other healthcare clients will be suspended until May 4
- Employees are to refresh their understanding of virtual meeting setup and use if unfamiliar.
- No handshaking or personal contact
- Social distancing encouraged
- The CDC defines social distancing as “remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet) from others when possible.”
- Elbow and foot bumping preferred if contact is required
- Frequent handwashing and use of hand sanitizer
- Get your flu shot if you haven’t!
- Sneeze into elbow or tissue.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, mouth but if you do, use hand sanitizer afterward.
- Clean work surfaces with sanitizer regularly
- Don’t panic! Act rationally!
At this time, we expect the policy to remain in effect until Monday, May 4, 2020, however, as new evidence becomes available, Qualidigm will amend the policy accordingly.